Wednesday, May 2, 2007

little things matter

A few years back there was a popular book called "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff".
I am hear to tell you that in frugality and the enviroment the small stuff really matters. You have many options daily to make a diffence in a small way but only once in while do the big things happen, like say voting for a canidate that supports what you believe in.
Recently there was a bill proposed that I disagreed with. I called the Governors office and left a message. To my surprise I got a long phone message back stating the
Governors positoion and a little more. It felt good to be heard and I hope it helps some people who would have been negatively effected by that bill.

Daily tips.
Little things matter:
I will give six since I missed a day.

Shopping wisdom:


1. Ask yourself when shopping "Do I need this? Does it serve a purpose that something I already have could do?"
To much consumerism can fill landfills and junk up you house.

2. Buy it used.

3. Borrow it.

4. Can you purchase an enviromentally friendly version. I recently needed a nightgown. I found a Hanes Organic night shirt for $10.

5. How much packaging is there, is there an option with less. Buy in Bulk, avoid individual packaged items as much as you can.

6. Cut back your wardrobe and put outfits together in your closet. This gives you the notion that you have more options. When everything is a mess sometimes we tend to go buy something new rather than take the time to look or try on what we have.

Namaste"
Courtney

No comments: