Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cooking for Good Project: Day 6 What a vegetarian diet looks like.

Today has been a little easier as I cooked so much yesterday there was not much need to cook today. We spent $22.41 at Kroger;s on food. Spices, honey, coffee, sugar, tea. The coffee was $6.99 on sale, Blake was with me and he feels " Life is to short to drink bad coffee," this does not help our budget. I have to admit the coffee was pretty darn good.

2 cups of coffee with milk and sugar for Blake and I.
Today I made scrambled local eggs with cheese, potato's and onions cooked in a bit of veg . oil with a grapefruit, and skim milk, Me, Blake, Felisha and Will.
Lunch for Blake: Beans and rice with cheese, 1 slice buttered toast, and a peach
Kids had a choice or High Protein whole grain pasta with Homemade basil pasta or
honey on toast, fruit and peanut butter and milk.
Courtney: 1/8 brie round with Triscuts and 3 Triscuts with homemade hummus for snack.
I am ashamed to admit I had a Diet Dr. Pepper and sweet tea.
Lunch: 1 cup pasta with veggie sauce and sweet tea.




Yesterday's meals
Courtney and Kids, 1 coffee milk and sugar Courtney only
Organic Yogurt, with fresh berries, bananas' and pecans
Courtney and kids
Lunch: Homemade pizza (whole grain crust) I ate four small pieces.
Snacks: 1/4 piece homemade wheat bread with Nat. Peanut butter
Courtney and Blake
Dinner: 1/4 "bread" and 1/2 cup brown rice with 1/2 cup Cuban black beans (veggies in beans) sweet tea
Courtney
Snack: 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 pat butter, 2tsp. sugar, 1//2 cup skim milk, with 1 whole peach
Sweet tea

Water all day.

Kids had dinner at church. and Will had two bean burritos for evening meal.

Tonight Blake and I will eat at home, kids at church. I will go Friday and pick up what staples we need as Blake and Will are going on a trip and I want to minimize shopping with three other children.
Courtney

No comments: