Tuesday, September 20, 2011

30 Days!

I love TED! I mean I really love TED. Who is TED? Ted talks, if you have not seen TED Talks, you must. It's some of the brightest minds speaking on a variety of topics from science to sociology. This Ted Talk was a huge inspiration for me.
Matt Cutts speaks on trying something new for 30 days. 
Try something you have always wanted to add to your life or subtract from your life. Start a new habit or get rid of a nasty habit. I mean come on, it's only 30 days, you can do it!

Here is my current 30 day list. Like most things I always change the rules a bit. Mine are simple so I am doing  several over a thirty day period. 
1. Give everyone in the family at least one hug a day. (Pretty much do this but sometimes they escape before I can grab them.)
2. Work out ten minutes a day. Now I'm pretty good at exercise but I am trying to make sure each a.m. at 9:00 I do at least 10 minutes of exercise..because you know what happens when you commit to 10 minutes, you usually go longer. Which leads to #3.
3. Follow a schedule for the weekday. I will work until I pass out. It's hard for me to rest. I'm passionate about my work and enjoy it. The problem is I get hyper focused on one part of work and don't have much balance. So I am trying to build in some time to do things that I enjoy that are not work based. So this leads to #4.
4. Inspired by my second child, Cole. He asked me to take him to the thrift store for some clothes. I do not like to shop, but if I do shop I feel so much better about it at a thrift store because I know I'm not putting more "stuff" into our society. My goal this month is to go to three thrift stores a week, this is a lot of shopping for me. We picked up a two pairs of shoes for Cole yesterday, one pair retails over $100 and we paid $7.  * I should say I'm really good at getting rid of stuff. In my hallway there is always baskets full of stuff to give away, which keeps the house from getting clutter. 

So I have to go now...I'm getting off schedule. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: